Taboo in Language, Culture and Communication
October 27th – 29th, 2021 – University of Rome Tor Vergata, Italy
Dear Friends and Colleagues,
Even though there has been some improvement in the general situation of the pandemic, the Organizing Committee has decided to postpone the Conference again, to allow all the contributors to enjoy it fully and without any risk: it will take place on September 28-30, 2022.
A new version of our website will be online soon, with updated information and the new relevant dates.
We would like to reassure all prospective contributors that the accepted submissions will remain valid for TaCo 2022 as well. Please, note that the Call for Abstracts will also be reopened for the submission of new proposals.
Chair of TaCo 2022
The Taboo Conference series (TaCo) is an interdisciplinary conference aimed at bringing together scholars of various aspects of taboo in a variety of academic fields. The project was originated at the Department of Interpretation and Translation of the University of Bologna, Italy, where the first edition was held in 2012. The following editions were held every two years in UK, Spain and Italy. For its fifth instalment, the conference will be held in Rome. We hope you’ll be able to join us to discuss all the multifaceted ramifications of taboo in language, culture and communication.
For the Organizing Committee,
- Call for Abstracts reopening: OPEN;
- Early Bird Fee registration: November 30th, 2020;
- Call for Abstracts deadline: March 15th, 2021;
- Abstracts acceptance notifications: April 26th, 2021;
- Best Presentation Award submission opening: May 3rd, 2021;
- Best Presentation Award deadline: July 6th, 2021;
- Authors’ Registration deadline: July 26th, 2021 (midnight CEST);
- Early Bird Fee deadline: August 1st, 2021 (midnight CEST);
- Online Registrations deadline deadline: October 14th, 2021 (midnight CEST).
The Taboo Conference 2021 will be held at the University of Rome Tor Vergata.