Taboo in Language, Culture and Communication
October 27th – 29th, 2021 – University of Rome Tor Vergata, Italy
The Taboo Conference series (TaCo) is an interdisciplinary conference aimed at bringing together scholars of various aspects of taboo in a variety of academic fields. The project was originated at the Department of Interpretation and Translation of the University of Bologna, Italy, where the first edition was held in 2012. The following editions were held every two years in UK, Spain and Italy. For its fifth instalment, the conference will be held in Rome. We hope you’ll be able to join us to discuss all the multifaceted ramifications of taboo in language, culture and communication.
For the Organizing Committee,
- Early Bird Fee registration: Open
- Call for Abstracts reopening: November 23rd 2020;
- Call for Abstracts deadline: March 1st 2021;
- Abstracts acceptance notifications: April 26th 2021;
- Best Presentation Award submission deadline: July 6th 2021 (midnight CEST);
- Authors’ Registration deadline: July 26th 2021 (midnight CEST);
- Early Bird Fee deadline: August 1st 2021 (midnight CEST);
- Online Registrations deadline deadline: October 14th 2021 (midnight CEST).
The Taboo Conference 2021 will be held at the University of Rome Tor Vergata.